Hourly Front of House
Hourly Back of House
- Paid Vacation
- Health Dental Vision
- Salary Plus Bonus
- 44 Hour Weeks
- Hospitality Education Grants
- Holiday Gifts
- Free Personal Meals
- Friend/Family Discounts
- On-Site Parking
The GM is responsible for the whole restaurant, including all guests, staff, property, equipment, technology, training and processes. The GM must think like an owner and ensure we deliver on our brand promise of quality, service, cleanliness and value while maintaining profitability.
The Service Manager assists the GM, with special emphasis on front-of-house operations and guest loyalty. The Service Manager is expected to make guests feel welcome. Service managers are expected to act as GMs in the absence of their superior.
The Kitchen Manager is ultimately responsible for the quality of every dish served to our guests. That means consistently perfect taste, temperature, size and presentation plus the daily improvement of every person, every process, and every piece of equipment that makes that possible.
Assistant Kitchen Manager
The AKM assists the Kitchen Manager, with special emphasis on cleanliness, production, supervision and following of standards. The AKM leads by example. AKMs are expected to act as KMs in the absence of their superior.
- Regularly measuring and evaluating service levels and standards using guest and employee feedback
- Finding opportunities to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Developing plans for continuous improvement
- Maintaining control over variable costs including food Costs, material costs, labour costs, repair and maintenance costs
- Preparing all necessary data for the budget in his/her area of responsibility; projecting annual food and labour costs and monitoring actual financial results; taking corrective action where necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
Operations & Marketing
- Ensuring the successful execution of operational and marketing plans
- Being responsible for daily reconciliation of cash reports and voids
- Being responsible for restaurant opening and closing procedures
- Maintaining efficient levels of inventory in the restaurant through weekly purchases and inventory counts.
- Providing daily, weekly, monthly reports and other reports as requested
Employee Hiring, Training and Retention
- Promoting a highly skilled workforce by ensuring employees are given the appropriate on-the-job training and direction in executing The Olive Press brand products
- Working collaboratively with employees to ensure good operating practices are adhered to, including Safe Food Handling, HACCP, WHMIS and FIFO Product Rotation
- Adhering to and strictly enforcing The Olive Press safety rules, Health and Safety standards, all provincial regulations and the safety of all employees
- Preparing and maintaining the monthly management schedule and weekly staff schedule
- Minimum 5 years experience in a high-volume restaurant
- An outgoing and entrepreunerial attitude with an ownership mindset
- A commitment to service excellence and a natural desire to always put guests first
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for people and building teams
- Working knowledge of common office software (Excel/Word/Email) and ability to troubleshoot technical problems with the help of specialists as necessary
- Staff Discounts
- Subsidized Uniform
- Vacation Paid Out Bi-weekly
- Flexible Hours
- Staff Rewards
- On-Site Parking
You are attentive, kind, poised, tidy, efficient, knowledgeable and professional. You deliver five-star guest experiences while increasing sales with helpful suggestions. You deliver daily on our brand promise of quality, service, cleanliness and value.
You are a dynamic bartender with all the skills and qualities of a server above, plus the ability to execute service bar, and the ability to build a business of regulars at the main bar.
You are a do-everything helper in the front-of-house. Includes hosting, food running, bussing and cleaning. The assistant greets guests with a memorable smile, ensures all areas are clean, and races to help with whatever is needed to ensure smooth operation of the restaurant.
You have all the skills of a Server Assistant above plus you process pickup and delivery orders by phone, online and in-person. You are mature for your age, smart, personable, professional, careful, detail-oriented and good at math.
The expeditor organizes finished dishes by table and bill before they go to the guest. The expo must ensure each dish is attractive, tasty and hot. The expeditor checks and garnishes plates from the line and ensures food is correct, on-time, arranged properly, cooked properly and ready to serve.
Prep cooks prepare large batches of food items necessary to meet daily business needs. You produce foods that are great tasting and visually appealing by carefully following family recipes. All cooking must be done from scratch. You are fast, safe, and exceptionally clean. Experience is an asset.
You prepare dishes to order by following standardized recipes, follow proper food handling and sanitation procedures, and ensure every order is completed to time, to taste, to temp, to plating. You are fast, safe, clean and have a good food sense. Experience is an asset.
You clean plateware, flatware, cookware and smallware using specialized equipment. You provide sanitized instruments and a safe, clean, hazard-free work environment. You perform maintenance on equipment to ensure performance and work to minimize repair costs.
We hire people based on enthusiasm and personality, and of course, a little experience always helps. Motivated, honest, and caring people are what bring remarkable individual style to The Olive Press. The attitudes of our staff will make or break how our guests feel about our organization.
Three or more years of volume restaurant experience is stronly preferred for servers, bartenders and cooks but is not required for junior positions. Must be willing to work hard, learn fast, have a Social Insurance Number, and speak English.