Are you a dynamic General Manager? Join us in Oakville.
Working with Us
The Olive Press is always on the lookout for talented leaders who are passionate about hospitality.
If you think you've got the potential to be a great manager, we'd like to talk to you.
Benefits & Compensation
The Olive Press is committed to keeping all wages and benefits competitive.
Besides an attractive base salary and unwaivering support from the The Olive Press founders,
you'll enjoy the following benefits:
- Generous paid vacation in the first year
- Ongoing training and skills development
- Coverage for Medical, Dental and Disability (or cash equivalent)
- Unique opportunity to shape the future of a growing company
- Foodservice & Hospitality Education Grants
- 40% discount on food for up to 6 guests
- Free meals for yourself
- Social events
Managers ultimately ensure that customers at The Olive Press enjoy hot and fresh
Italian dishes, signature drinks, and friendly service. Below are some of the Manager's
- Regularly measuring and evaluating service levels and standards using guest and employee feedback
- Finding opportunities to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Developing plans for continuous improvement
- Maintaining control over variable costs including food Costs, material costs, labour costs, repair and maintenance costs
- Preparing all necessary data for the budget in his/her area of responsibility; projecting annual food and labour costs and monitoring actual financial results; taking corrective action where necessary to help assure that financial goals are met
Operations & Marketing
- Ensuring the successful execution of operational and marketing plans
- Being responsible for daily reconciliation of cash reports and voids
- Being responsible for restaurant opening and closing procedures
- Maintaining efficient levels of inventory in the restaurant through weekly purchases and inventory counts.
- Providing daily, weekly, monthly reports and other reports as requested
Employee Hiring, Training and Retention
- Promoting a highly skilled workforce by ensuring employees are given the appropriate on-the-job training and direction in executing The Olive Press brand products
- Working collaboratively with employees to ensure good operating practices are adhered to, including Safe Food Handling, HACCP, WHMIS and FIFO Product Rotation
- Adhering to and strictly enforcing The Olive Press safety rules, Health and Safety standards, all provincial regulations and the safety of all employees
- Preparing and maintaining the monthly management schedule and weekly staff schedule
Managers should satisfy the following requirements:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a high-volume restaurant
- An outgoing and entrepreunerial attitude
- A natural desire to always put our guests first
- A passion for people and building teams
- A commitment to service excellence
- Excellent communication skills
- Working knowledge of common office software (Excel/Word/PowerPoint/Email)